Domestic information and links
This section includes information that should be useful and valuable for all those interested in keeping up with research in Greece, particularly in the cardiovascular field.
Research institutes encompasses the most important Greek centres and medical schools, providing information about their structure and activities via links to individual web sites, thus allowing access to a large number of research topics.
Research.NET gives information about the network of research centres, mainly cardiology departments, which will be coordinated by our Society in the performance of clinical studies.
Research observatory represents a new and original initiative. Here, researchers of our Society will periodically present the output of various national centres in which cardiovascular research is being developed. This evaluation will illuminate both the strengths and the weaknesses of centres, contributing to their improvement.
Research funding gives information about current sources of funding for cardiovascular research in Greece, new research programmes of the Ministry of Health, as well as programmes funded by non-profit organisations.
Bioethics covers the wide thematic spectrum of bioethics in research, focusing on problems and weaknesses related to Greece.
Education is concerned with the training and education of researchers, mainly younger professionals who are or will be involved in cardiovascular research. Here may be found selected articles from the latest journals, chapters from relevant books and lists of available documents that analyse topics related to the planning and execution of clinical, laboratory and translational research.
People is a "Who's Who" of the most important researchers active in the cardiovascular field in Greece, as well as Greek researchers who live and work abroad. These individuals will be selected by the Board of the Society and will be responsible for compiling their own biographical information.
- Williams B, Cockcroft JR, Kario K et al. Effects of Sacubitril/Valsartan Versus Olmesartan on Central Hemodynamics in the Elderly With Systolic Hypertension: The PARAMETER Study
Hypertension. 2017;69:411-420. … more
- Aro AL, Rusinaru C, Uy-Evanado A et al. Syncope and risk of sudden cardiac arrest in coronary artery disease. Int. J. Cardiol. 2017; 231:26-30 … more
- Raaijmakers A, Zhang ZY, Claessens J et al. Does Extremely Low Birth Weight Predispose to Low-Renin Hypertension? Hypertension. 2017; 69:443-449. … more
- McCord J, Cabrera R, Lindahl B et al for the TRAPID-AMI Investigators. Prognostic Utility of a Modified HEART Score in Chest Pain Patients in the Emergency Department.
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2017;10:e003101. … more
- Aisu H, Saito M, Inaba S et al. Association of worsening arterial stiffness with incident heart failure in asymptomatic patients with cardiovascular risk factors. Hypertens Res 2017 40: 173-180 … more
- Galløe AM, Kelbæk H, Thuesen L et al. 10-Year Clinical Outcome After Randomization to Treatment by Sirolimus- or Paclitaxel-Eluting Coronary Stents. JACC 2017;69:616-624 … more
- Nielles-Vallespin, S., Khalique, Z., et al. Assessment of Myocardial Microstructural Dynamics by In Vivo Diffusion Tensor Cardiac Magnetic Resonance JACC 2017;69:661-676 … more
- Yeh, R. W., Silber, S., et al. 5-Year Safety and Efficacy of Resolute Zotarolimus-Eluting Stent: The RESOLUTE Global Clinical Trial Program . JACC:Cardiov. Interv. 2017;10:247-254 … more
- Rezkalla, S. H., Stankowski, R. V., et al. Management of No-Reflow Phenomenon in the Catheterization Laboratory. JACC:Cardiov. Interv. 2017;10:215-223 … more
- Mahabadi, A. A., Möhlenkamp, S., et al. CAC Score Improves Coronary and CV Risk Assessment Above Statin Indication by ESC and AHA/ACC Primary Prevention Guidelines.
JACC: Cardiov. Imag. 2017;10:143-153 … more