International information and links
This section presents selected topics of central importance in cardiovascular research that are being developed internationally. Of course, it is not feasible to due full justice to the enormous progress in this field on a website, but we have tried to point the way to important information nodes that will be of assistance to those seeking further information.
Research Foundations includes links to a number of international organisations engaged in research. Further links within the sites of these foundations will fill out the details of their activities, priorities, personnel and productivity.
Research Portals are websites with many links to research activities on the international stage..
Forums is the place to find scientific initiatives aimed at specific subjects and inter-institutional collaboration. The International Stem Cell Forum is a good example.
Clinical Research covers a huge range of research related to cardiovascular disease, of which only a select few can be included here.
Basic Research, like the previous case, focuses on hot topics within its purview.
Translational Research covers the branch of medical research that forms the link between basic research and patient care. Today, translational research is of ongoing interest, since many companies are building translational research medicine groups to facilitate the interaction between basic research and clinical medicine, particularly in clinical trials.
EU Research Programmes will include information concerning the current European programmes related to cardiovascular research. Providing up to date information to our members, and to other visitors to the site, is one of our fundamental priorities.
People is a "Who's Who" of the most important researchers active in the cardiovascular field internationally. These individuals will be selected by the Board of the Society and will be responsible for compiling their own biographical information.
- Williams B, Cockcroft JR, Kario K et al. Effects of Sacubitril/Valsartan Versus Olmesartan on Central Hemodynamics in the Elderly With Systolic Hypertension: The PARAMETER Study
Hypertension. 2017;69:411-420. … more
- Aro AL, Rusinaru C, Uy-Evanado A et al. Syncope and risk of sudden cardiac arrest in coronary artery disease. Int. J. Cardiol. 2017; 231:26-30 … more
- Raaijmakers A, Zhang ZY, Claessens J et al. Does Extremely Low Birth Weight Predispose to Low-Renin Hypertension? Hypertension. 2017; 69:443-449. … more
- McCord J, Cabrera R, Lindahl B et al for the TRAPID-AMI Investigators. Prognostic Utility of a Modified HEART Score in Chest Pain Patients in the Emergency Department.
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2017;10:e003101. … more
- Aisu H, Saito M, Inaba S et al. Association of worsening arterial stiffness with incident heart failure in asymptomatic patients with cardiovascular risk factors. Hypertens Res 2017 40: 173-180 … more
- Galløe AM, Kelbæk H, Thuesen L et al. 10-Year Clinical Outcome After Randomization to Treatment by Sirolimus- or Paclitaxel-Eluting Coronary Stents. JACC 2017;69:616-624 … more
- Nielles-Vallespin, S., Khalique, Z., et al. Assessment of Myocardial Microstructural Dynamics by In Vivo Diffusion Tensor Cardiac Magnetic Resonance JACC 2017;69:661-676 … more
- Yeh, R. W., Silber, S., et al. 5-Year Safety and Efficacy of Resolute Zotarolimus-Eluting Stent: The RESOLUTE Global Clinical Trial Program . JACC:Cardiov. Interv. 2017;10:247-254 … more
- Rezkalla, S. H., Stankowski, R. V., et al. Management of No-Reflow Phenomenon in the Catheterization Laboratory. JACC:Cardiov. Interv. 2017;10:215-223 … more
- Mahabadi, A. A., Möhlenkamp, S., et al. CAC Score Improves Coronary and CV Risk Assessment Above Statin Indication by ESC and AHA/ACC Primary Prevention Guidelines.
JACC: Cardiov. Imag. 2017;10:143-153 … more