PULSE & CARDIOELECTRICS
The PULSE & CARDIOELECTRICS 2010 congress, which took place July 2-4, 2010, was especially successful this year. Distinguished invited speakers from Greece and abroad participated, providing the latest information from their individual specialties.
International developments in arrhythmias, heart failure, coronary artery disease and cardiac imaging made up the main topics.
News from EUROPCR 2010
May 31, 2010
The annual EUROPCR congress was held in Paris from 25 to 28 May, 2010. We summarise the results of the most important clinical trials announced in this congress, compiled by D. Sakellariou and S. Pastromas.
News from the "Cardiovascular Clinical Trials in Emerging Countries 2010" Conference
May 10-11, 2010, Prague, Czech Republic. Compiled by K. Roumeliotou, May 20, 2010
The "Cardiovascular Clinical Trials in Emerging Countries 2010" Conference took place on May 10th to 11th, 2010, in Prague. The globalisation of clinical trials has meant that, increasingly, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are turning towards performing clinical trials in emerging markets such as Asia Pacific, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
However, cultural, ethical, logistical and regulatory challenges can prove to be the biggest roadblocks when conducting trials in emerging countries, and this is particularly true when conducting cardiovascular clinical trials. "Cardiovascular Clinical Trials in Emerging Countries" focused on the issues, problems and solutions of conducting cardiovascular clinical trials in key emerging markets as well as examining the challenges facing the pharmaceutical industry in pursuing a contemporary approach in the development of drugs and treatment in key areas.
We present a brief review of selected presentations of this conference, compiled by K. Roumeliotou.
News from the Heart Rhythm Society Sessions 2010
May 17, 2010
The 31st Annual Heart Rhythm Society Sessions took place during May 12 to 15, 2010, in Denver. We present a brief review of the most interesting results of clinical trials announced at this conference, compiled by D. Sakellariou.
News from ACC 2010
March 22, 2010
Late-breaking clinical trials from the ACC 2010 Congress. Summaries by S. Pastromas & H. Anninos
Summary of Trials From ESC 2009
September 6, 2009
The annual Congress of the European Society of Cardiology was held in Barcelona from August 29 to September 2, 2009. We present a summary of the most interesting results of late-breaking important trials which were presented at the meeting, compiled by D. Sakellariou.
News from the Heart Rhythm Society Sessions 2009
Compiled by D. Sakellariou, May 18, 2009
The 30th Annual Heart Rhythm Society Sessions took place during May 13 to 16, 2009, in Boston. We present a brief review of the most interesting results of clinical trials announced at this conference.
News from ACC 2009
April 2, 2009
The most important news from ACC 2009. Summaries by D. Sakellariou
News from AHA 2008
November 8-12, 2008. Summaries by S. Pastromas and G. Andrikopoulos.
The Annual American Heart Association Scientific Sessions 2008 were held from November 8 to 12, 2008, in New Orleans, Louisiana. We present a brief review of the most interesting results of clinical trials announced at this conference.
Most Important Studies at ESC 2008
September 8, 2008
The annual Congress of the European Society of Cardiology was held in Munich from August 30 to September 3, 2008. We present a summary of the most interesting results of late-breaking important trials which were presented at the meeting, compiled by D. Sakellariou and G. Andrikopoulos.
News from ACC 2008
April 8, 2008
Summaries by D. Sakellariou and G. Andrikopoulos of the latest reports in the areas of coronary artery disease and risk factors, heart failure, arrhythmias and sudden cardiac death, new drugs, and interventional cardiology.
News from AHA 2007
November 10, 2007
Summaries by S. Tzeis and G. Andrikopoulos of the latest reports in the areas of heart failure, interventional cardiology, coronary heart disease, cardiovascular prevention, and anticoagulant therapy.
- Williams B, Cockcroft JR, Kario K et al. Effects of Sacubitril/Valsartan Versus Olmesartan on Central Hemodynamics in the Elderly With Systolic Hypertension: The PARAMETER Study
Hypertension. 2017;69:411-420. … more
- Aro AL, Rusinaru C, Uy-Evanado A et al. Syncope and risk of sudden cardiac arrest in coronary artery disease. Int. J. Cardiol. 2017; 231:26-30 … more
- Raaijmakers A, Zhang ZY, Claessens J et al. Does Extremely Low Birth Weight Predispose to Low-Renin Hypertension? Hypertension. 2017; 69:443-449. … more
- McCord J, Cabrera R, Lindahl B et al for the TRAPID-AMI Investigators. Prognostic Utility of a Modified HEART Score in Chest Pain Patients in the Emergency Department.
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2017;10:e003101. … more
- Aisu H, Saito M, Inaba S et al. Association of worsening arterial stiffness with incident heart failure in asymptomatic patients with cardiovascular risk factors. Hypertens Res 2017 40: 173-180 … more
- Galløe AM, Kelbæk H, Thuesen L et al. 10-Year Clinical Outcome After Randomization to Treatment by Sirolimus- or Paclitaxel-Eluting Coronary Stents. JACC 2017;69:616-624 … more
- Nielles-Vallespin, S., Khalique, Z., et al. Assessment of Myocardial Microstructural Dynamics by In Vivo Diffusion Tensor Cardiac Magnetic Resonance JACC 2017;69:661-676 … more
- Yeh, R. W., Silber, S., et al. 5-Year Safety and Efficacy of Resolute Zotarolimus-Eluting Stent: The RESOLUTE Global Clinical Trial Program . JACC:Cardiov. Interv. 2017;10:247-254 … more
- Rezkalla, S. H., Stankowski, R. V., et al. Management of No-Reflow Phenomenon in the Catheterization Laboratory. JACC:Cardiov. Interv. 2017;10:215-223 … more
- Mahabadi, A. A., Möhlenkamp, S., et al. CAC Score Improves Coronary and CV Risk Assessment Above Statin Indication by ESC and AHA/ACC Primary Prevention Guidelines.
JACC: Cardiov. Imag. 2017;10:143-153 … more